Monday, June 25, 2012

The Nameless Wonder

So, there is a point in which I have been pondering over the past few weeks and it has been brought to a head. How do I tell the guy I'm dating...hey, I've been blogging about our past few weeks while getting to know you. Now, I have been dating for say 15 years and I know that dating is difficult, in fact, sometimes quite challenging, so how could I have known that it would actually get to this point with Mr. Match.

My original intentions for this blog, was to show the process of dating on Match.com, not expecting that it would work out (for now) with the first guy I meet up with. Even at this point, there is no definition to our relationship specifically, but things are beginning to take action. Most obviously is daily interactions, dates planned weeks in advance and the time we spend together doubling. So, now do I discontinue the blog and never mention it to him or do I fess up to the blog hoping it isn't an issue and continue keeping my readers entertained?

I know I have already made a decision which is to tell him about the blog, just because "honesty is almost always the best policy, almost always." How do you even bring that up "So, darling, honey bunches of oats, schmooky, jif peanut butter heart on toast, I have been discussing our dating with 700 of my closest friends. Hmmm. Well the good thing is that he is a writer as well, so maybe he will understand the need for me to broadcast my creative voice. Or he could just feel stark naked in a sea of overexposure.

One good thing is that the publicity has been good for him on his part. No weird nostrils or third nipples, no underdeveloped pinky toe or fascinations with cotton balls. The nameless wonder from match.com isn't half bad. Well it's time to make a decision! Please feel free to help me approach the subject. Advice always appreciated : )





No comments:

Post a Comment